Terms and Conditions
1. This “Promotion” is open to all residents of the UK aged 12 years or over. Proof of age will be required.
2. If you are under 18 years old you must have the permission of your parent or guardian, who must have read and agreed to these terms on your behalf. Proof of consent and contact details for your parent or guardian will be required.
3. Multiple or duplicate submissions of the same entry will be invalid.
4. How to take part in this Promotion : Visit www.matildathemusical.com and upload a photograph of yourself adopting the ‘Matilda’ pose. You will also need to enter your full name and email address.
Your photo entry (“Entry”) must comply with these Terms and Conditions.
5. The “entrant” is the person whose name appears on the entry form – only one individual’s name may appear on the entry form as the ‘entrant’
6. Use of your Entry: By submitting your Entry, you irrevocably grant a licence (i.e. permission) for the Promoter and its agents and licensees to edit, publish, broadcast and otherwise use your Entry for any and all purposes (including advertising) in any and all media throughout the world in perpetuity (or, where such a licence is not lawful or enforceable, for up to 50 years from the date the Entry is submitted to the Promotion), including, without limitation, on the Promoter’s and/or “Matilda The Musical” publicly accessible website(s), Facebook page(s), Twitter feeds, YouTube page(s)/channel(s), Instagram page(s) and all other media whether now known or hereafter invented (“permitted purposes”). For the avoidance of doubt the Promoter may, without limitation, add a soundtrack of its own choosing to your Entry and edit/splice it together with other entries.
7. By submitting your Entry, you warrant and undertake that:
- excluding those intellectual property rights in the photo which are owned by or licensed to the Promoter:
(i) your Entry is your own original work;
(ii) your Entry does not infringe any third party intellectual property rights of any third party; and
(iii) you are the legal and beneficial owner of all intellectual property rights in your Entry (including all images, footage, music and text submitted by you as part of your Entry);
- you have the right to grant the Promoter permission to use your Entry in the ways described in clause 14 of these Terms and Conditions;
- your Entry does not feature any materials (including without limitation any animals) which are not your own property;
- your Entry does not infringe English law or the law in the country in which you are normally resident and does not, to the best of your knowledge and belief, infringe the law of any other country;
- you hereby waive and agree not to assert (and warrant that all individuals featured have waived and agreed not to assert) any moral rights (or similar or equivalent rights anywhere in the world, including image rights) in and in connection with the Entry;
- you agree to your Entry being amended in any way and that the Promoter is not obliged to identify you and/or the author of your Entry;
- you shall, on request, do such other things and execute such documents as are reasonably requested of you by the Promoter in order to allow the Promoter to use your Entry for the permitted purposes;
- you have obtained all relevant rights and written permission from individuals featured in the Entry;
- your Entry does not feature any individual except for yourself and other individuals who have consented to being featured in your Entry (in the case of individuals under the age of legal majority in their jurisdiction, consent from their parent/guardian is also required), and does not feature any person under the age of 12 unless it is your own child and you have that child’s consent;
- your Entry does not contain any discriminatory, obscene or defamatory material, does not include (whether by image, gesture, statement or other material of any kind) any violence, cruelty to animals, weapons, religious iconography or anything which may reasonably be considered to be offensive, anti-social, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable, and is not otherwise illegal under English law, or the law in the country in which you are normally resident;
- you agree that the Promoter and its licensees may commercially exploit your Entry as it sees fit, including without limitation through third party advertising which may appear in connection with your Entry, without any payment to you;
- you agree that the Promoter may, in its sole discretion elect not to publish, use or exploit your Entry or any part of it in any way and, if it does elect to publish, use or exploit your Entry or any part of it in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, stop publishing, using or exploiting your Entry at any time, and may edit any material it considers in breach of these terms.
8. Given the nature of online content, you understand that videos may be available online even after the above licence has expired (if applicable); you agree that you shall not hold the Promoter, Matilda The Musical, or their respective employees, officers, agents and contractors responsible or liable for any use of your Entry by third parties either during or after the licence period.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to pass on any Entry which causes it concern (including any associated personal details) to the relevant authorities, at its sole discretion and/or where such disclosure is required by law.
10. You agree to indemnify the Promoter in respect of third party claims arising out of or in connection with any breach by you of the warranties and undertakings set out in these Terms and Conditions (in particular, the warranties and undertakings set out in clause 15 of these Terms and Conditions).
11. Promoter’s liability: Nothing in these Terms and Conditions in any way limit the Promoter (or any other person or organisation’s) liability for (i) fraud, or (ii) death or personal injury caused by negligence, or (iii) any other liability to the extent such liability may not be excluded or limited by applicable law.
12. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your Entry. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Incomplete entries, and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions, will be disqualified and will not be counted.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
15. You may request to view, edit or remove your data at any time by contacting the Promoter using email@example.com.
16. If you have opted in, the Promoter may also use the details you give us to contact you for marketing purposes by email.
17. This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.
The Promoter is:
AKA Productions Limited, 115 Shaftesbury Avenue, Cambridge Circus, London WC2H 8AF.